4.20.2009

about me


this was a project for printmaking. we were using intaglio processes of etching and dry point and our subject was a self-portrait. i chose to go both literal and figurative and try my hand at montage. i included myself in the front and then other elements that represent me ranging from pencils and my wacom stylus to my bass to the 'x' on my thumb to my fiancee and her engagement ring up at the top. i also tried to include some design elements to tie it all together on the left and the right.

i colored this in photoshop, but tried to make it resemble watercolors. my professor said that watercolor is usually what printmakers will use on intaglio prints. i'm more comfortable coloring digitally, but still wanted to keep some of the feel of traditional media.

No comments:

Post a Comment